Thursday, December 19, 2013

What do I fear?

I fear many things both physical and mental. I've always been terrified of heights or more specifically of falling. I've also been scared of many animals such as a great white shark, Lions or Tigers and  many various snakes. However what i'm most scared of is becoming somethings that';s not who I truly am but I have deceived myself into thinking its what I need to be. I fear disappointing the people I care about the most. I fear becoming something different than who I am and who I want to be.

All my life there's always been one event that I've dreamed of happening. I've always dreamed that one day i'd be standing on a pedestal or stage and i'm in front of a huge crowd with my family in it and my family turns to everyone and tells them how proud they are of me. My fear is that maybe that day will never come that instead of making them proud I will only disappoint them.

I've always been scared of the future and that fear has always led me to ask what if and asking what if has prevented me from living my life. Its prevented me from making relationships with others and truly trusting them. Its prevented me from trying new and exciting things forcing me to do the same routine over and over and end my life with regrets.

Fear despite what it tries to do still helps shape who we are. Its the battle we fight with it that helps make us the person we want to be. Its a struggle we all must go through and by fighting and beating my fear I will become stronger and make my family proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment