Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Own Spirituality

All my life I have heard different interpretations of what God is suppose to be like. I've heard that he's a loving and caring god who resembles a father to his children. Yet I've also heard that God is vengeful, cruel and unfair and resembles a flaming spirit who views all as vile and evil. I'll be the first to admit that i'm not a very religious or spiritual man. But I have always been fascinated by the idea of God or other spiritual Deity's such as Zeus. I've always questioned why he did what he choose to do even though they try to explain it in the bible. I especially questioned Gods "Laws" from the bible things such as you can't live with someone unless your married or the most talked about "Law" that two people of the same sex cannot be together. After a long time of thinking about this topic I have finally come to a decision about what type of person God is. I believe that God doesn't care about what you are the only thing he cares about is are you a good person or not? I believe God doesn't care if your black, white, asian, european, hispanic, gay, straight, buddhist, jewish, christian or muslim. I believe  that as long as your a good person then he loves you because you are his child and he will allow you into heaven. As long as you care about, respect, accept and love your fellow man and woman then you are considered a good person and thus you deserve to go to heaven. If you hate, discriminate, hurt, abuse or take away your fellow man and woman's rights then you are considered evil and thus not allowed into heaven. I believe God created us and gave us free will so that we could do what makes us happy and thus makes others around us happy. I believe that God make us different to make us unique not inferior. I believe God wants the unity of all men as badly as the any of us and while not directly he does help to show us the way to happiness and he teaches us its up to us to claim that happiness and share it. I believe he made us unique and different as a way to make us independent and strong and with that strength bring us all closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment